2009 MFA in painting, Tyler School of Art, Temple University – Antoinette Westphal School of Media, Arts, and Design – Philadelphia, USA.
2006 Non-degree studies in fashion design, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA.
2003 BFA in painting, School of Fine Arts, Helwan University, Cairo, Egypt.
Residencies, Scholarships, and Awards
2018 Vermont Studio Center fellowship, Vermont, USA.
2017 Kultur Kontakt Austria fellowship, Vienna, Austria.
2016 March Project residency at Sharjah Art Foundation, UAE; Arte East Fellowship / Art Omi International Artists’ Residency, NY, USA.
2013 Artist in Residence Fellowship at Vermont Studio Center, USA.
2012 AFAC Express Grant.
2011 Visiting Artist position at Kansas State University, USA.
2010 Artist in Residence Fellowship at KALA Art Institute, Berkeley, USA.
2009 Scholarship offered by the Graduate School at Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
2008 Teaching assistantship offered by Tyler School of Art, Temple University, Philadelphia, USA.
2006 Fulbright Commission’s Arts Grant.
2014 Exhibition titled RGB (1) at Mashrabia Gallery, Cairo, Egypt; Exhibition at AE Gallery, Berlin, Germany.
2013 Exhibition titled The Official Institution at al Gazira Art Center, Cairo, Egypt.
2012 Exhibition titled Cairo Headlines at Ballhaus Naunynstraße (as part of Voicing Resistance festival), Berlin, Germany.
2011 Exhibition titled Homage to the Egyptian Revolution at Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas, USA.
2009 MFA thesis exhibition titled All the Important Issues at Tyler School of Art, Temple U., Philadelphia, USA.
2008 Exhibition titled The Yousri Scrolls at the Knapp Gallery, Philadelphia, USA.
2006 Exhibition titled New Lands at the Leonard Pearlstein art gallery, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA.
Selected Collective Shows
– “Das Innere Wartet Draußen auf Dich” (“The Inner Is Waiting Outside For You”, Parallel Vienna, Austria.
– Exhibition at Kultur Drogerie with Ukranian artist Dariia Kuzmych, Vienna, Austria.
– Time, Site & Lore, commissioned by ET4U organization, exhibition during the Off Road festival and Meetings festival, and the Struer Museum, Struer, Denmark.
– The March Project 2016 exhibition at Sharjah Art Foundation, UAE.
– Exhibition tilted From the Outside Inwards and From the Inside Outwards at AE Gallery, Potsdam, Germany.
– Exhibition titled “Something Else – Cairo OFF Biennale” curated by Simon Njami at Darb 1718, Cairo, Egypt.
– Exhibition titled “Keep it Real” curated by Klio Krajewska at Bayt al Sinnary, Cairo, Egypt.
– Exhibition titled Tea with Nefertiti curated by Sam Bardaouil and Till Fellrath, at the Museum Ägyptischer Kunst München in Munich, Germany.
– Exhibition titled Good Day to You! at Saad Zaghloul Cultural Center, Cairo, Egypt.
– Exhibition titled A Politics of Drawing: Proposal for a Method of Transformation, curated by Philip Glahn and John O’Connor at the Barbara White Gallery, Sarah Lawrence College, NY, USA.
– Exhibition titled “Te con Nefertiti” (Tea with Nefertiti) curated by Sam Bardaouil and Till Felrath, at IVAM (Institut Valencià d’Art Modern), Valencia, Spain.
– Wavy Banners Festival, ET4U Organization, West Jutland, Denmark.
– Exhibition titled “Le Theoreme de Nefertiti” (shown previously under the title Tea with Nefertiti), curated by Sam Bardaouil and Till Felrath, at l’Institut du Monde Arabe, Paris, France.
– Exhibition titled Recording Against Regimes (curated by Klio Krajewska), Darb 1718 Art Center, Cairo Egypt.
– Exhibition titled Tea with Nefertiti at Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art (Curated by Sam Bardaouil and Till Felrath), Doha, Qatar.
– Exhibition titled Signs of Resistance at Aufbau Haus Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany.
– Exhibition titled the Changing Room (curated by Aida Eltorie), London, England.
– Exhibition titled Super Market at al Gazira Art Center, Cairo, Egypt.
– ITB Tourism Festival, Berlin, Germany. Yousri was one of 10 Egyptian artists invited to decorate 10 sculptures in the shape of Ankh through a workshop. The sculptures were displayed across different parts of Berlin in parallel to Egypt’s representation at the ITB festival.
– Exhibition titled Shift Delete 30 at Saad Zaghloul Art Center, Cairo, Egypt.
– Exhibition titled Renditions at Maraya Art Center (curated by Aida Eltorie), Sharjah, UAE.
– Exhibition titled The Changing Room: Arab Reflections on Praxis and Time at Spazio Qubi gallery (curated by Aida Eltorie), Torino, Italy.
– Exhibition titled Manifest 770 at Incline Gallery (curated by Scott Jennings), San Francisco, USA.
– Exhibition at the French Institute in Cairo in parallel to the Bamako Biennale in Mali (curated by Khaled Hafez as part of the Bamako Encounters), Cairo, Egypt.
– Manifesta Biennale, Murcia, Spain.
– Exhibition titled “Residency Projects I” at Kala Art Institute Gallery, Berkeley, California, USA.
2018 Film Romancy; (editor and director) (under development) experimental documentary feature.
2017 The Wardrobe Man, (52 min) experimental docu-fiction, (editor, performer and director).
2012 2012 Pulse, (4 min) experimental short (editor and director); Beetle: the Car of the People (main actor), short narrative directed by Salma Ghobrial.
2011 In Search Of a City (actor), experimental short directed by Hala el Koussy.
2010 Still Recording, (50 min) experimental documentary (editor and director) (shot in Philadelphia).
2009 Keep Recording, (40 min) experimental documentary (editor and director) (shot in Cairo); All the Important Issues, (14 min) experimental short (performer, editor, and director).
2016 Oshtoora festival, Fayoum desert, Egypt.
2015 Oshtoora festival, Sinai desert, Egypt.
2014 RGB (1), graphic novel published by B.E.B.A Editions.
Workshops Conducted by the Artist
2016 Drawing workshop at No Longer Empty, NYC, USA; Visual Expression workshop at ADEF (Arab Digital Expression Foundation), Cairo, Egypt.
2013 Workshop at Outside the Circle organization, Cairo, Egypt; Workshop titled Artist Encouters at Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art, Doha, Qatar.
2012 Workshop titled Drawing revelations at Aufbau Haus, Berlin, Germany. The participants designed and executed a site-specific mural throughout the 6 days of the workshop.
2016 Residency Unlimited, NYC, USA.
2015 CSM (Foundation Center for Contemporary Art) in Kyiv, Ukraine; Cairo University, Egypt.
2014 The Palace of the Arts, Cairo, Egypt.
2013 ET4U Organization, West Jutland, Denmark.
2012 German University in Cairo.
2011 Kansas State University, Manhattan Kansas, USA; American University in Cairo, Egypt.
2010 California College of the Arts (CCA), San Francisco, California, USA; Kala Art Institute, Berkeley, California, USA.
2007 Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA.
2014 “Mesh Sakta” campaign (an awareness campaign to encourage women to take action against sexual harassment in Egypt) for Harass Map, Egypt.
2012 “Teh Marbouta” campaign. (an awareness campaign reinforcing women’s role in Egyptian society).
2011 Spread a Word Campaign (Ma Tekhsarnish). A visual campaign reinforcing acceptance of the other in Egypt and across the world.
2009 Mural titled Waiting for the Reading and Columbia Train, designed by the artist and execute with the help of community members. Ephrata, Pennsylvania, USA.